Paper Pregnancy


I've heard people call an adoption a paper pregnancy, and I believed them, but now I'm experiencing it for myself. Not a whole lot has happened since the last time I gave an update, except for paper... lots of paper. And it's really only the beginning. Some of it feels reduntant. How many times do you need to know my name and age? It hasn't changed from the last five time I told you! Some of it though is helpful. It really makes you think about why you do what you do, and it's so easy to go through life and not really stop to think about why we are doing the things we're doing.

We are also getting ready for our first Home Study visit this Friday! We are excited and nervous. If you think of it, say a prayer for us. I will tell you one thing, by the time Friday rolls around, our house will have NEVER been cleaner! You think you clean like a crazy person when you're having guests over? You ain't got nothin' on me! I realize I haven't cleaned under the stove for five years, and I'm sure she's not going to take the time to pull the stove away from the wall to see what kind toys and dust mites and other creatures may be under there... but you never know, we'd better clean that too! Yes, I'm being a bit humorous, but ask almost any family that has had a home study visit, and they'll agree with the feeling. I've read that home studies are not something to be worried about and get all worked up and in a frenzy over, that the social workers and adoption agencies want to help you get a child, they want to figure out why you should qualify to adopt, not nit pick through every nook and cranny to figure why you should be disqualified. They can say that all they want, but I guess there's just something about having a person in your home that you know can look through any and every inch of your house that can make a person go a little crazy. I know they won't actually look through every inch of the house, but the problem is, how do I know which inches they WILL look at?! And thus the crazy cleaning lady frenzy (the husband's been on a bit of a frenzy himself, so it's not just me).

So things are starting to feel like they're picking up steam after the holidays, and as far as we know, we still have a high possibility of coming home with our child within the next 3-4 months. So besides paperwork and house cleaning, we are in a bit of a frenzy to gather our needed funds. If things go the way our agency is telling us they could, we could need to pay the remainder of our fees minus travel expenses ($20,000) within this next month! So, we are currently doing a YouCaring fundraiser campaign to help us raise some of the funds. If you are able to give $5 or so towards this fundraiser, it would be so greatly appreciated, and even if you aren't able at this time, please take a moment to stop by and listen to our story and share with your friends. You can find our YouCaring story here. If you prefer to purchase an item as your way of showing support, no worries, your time will be coming soon! We are planning a few other fundraisers (hopefully t-shirts) in the very near future, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two For One

Any Day Now

Thank You