An Update

I thought I should write a little update on what's going on here in Casper. I have no grand pictures to post, and I'm having trouble loading any videos on blogger at all, so you'll have to go to my facebook if you want to see those because they will load there. 

Nathan and I have been here in Casper for a little over a month. As I mentioned before, I got a job two days after moving here. It was such a blessing. I work for Sage Medical Group. It is a Doctor's office with 5 doctors, so I stay pretty busy. I am a receptionist. I pretty much answer the phone and take messages all day long. I always thought I was the type to love office jobs like being a receptionist, but since having this job I realized how many different things I got to do in my previous "office" job. I fell like I do the exact same thing every single day at this job, but I am enjoying it. I just had my 25th birthday on Friday and my coworkers had a cake for me at work, so that made me feel good. It was a good distraction from thoughts and feelings of missing my family terribly. That was probably the hardest day as far as missing them, but we take things one step at a time. Watching my daughter play and have fun and be so cute helps cheer me up as well as walking out this new journey with my husband.

Nathan has a job now! We are so excited, blessed by God, and a bit relieved. It would take a while to tell exactly what's happened with his job prospects, but he pretty much hasn't had a job since we moved until last week. He is now the Director of Catering at the Best Western here in Casper. He feels as if he is underqualified for the job and isn't sure how he got hired, but like I said, it was just a wonderful blessing from God. It is a lot of responsibility and a lot of new things to learn, but he thinks that once he really gets into things he can help make some improvements at that hotel and offer great service to the people he comes in contact with. He won't have to do too many evening and weekend shifts which is wonderful.

Ariana is growing quickly, saying new words every day. Her new favorite is "why", thanks to her cousin Ethan. She and Ethan play fairly well together. They're favorite things to do together are to jump on the trampolene and take baths together. We are still living upstairs with Becca and Caleb, but hopefully Nathan and I will move downstairs this week which will give us a little more room, and Ethan can have his bedroom back. I realize this has been extremely long. Next time I will try not to wait so long in between blogs.

P.S. I miss you Mom and Dad, Meghan and Jordan!

Comments

Eliza said…
It's not too long when you are reading the update! It is so good to hear that Nate has a job! AMAZING. I think I would be a little overwhelmed myself. We will be praying for him. Hope you get to "move in" this week, too. I am glad you are liking your job...how is school going? When does it start? Love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You