Uncertanties Are Not Always So Uncertain

I feel the need to write a blog this week. Why, I am not so sure. I think it may be that "unspoken" New Year's Resolution I may or may not have made to write on my blog about once a week. If I don't write on it fairly often then one week will turn into two weeks, then two months, and so on and so on.

So, what should I write about? All the uncertanties of the adoption and if we'll be approved for the home visit, or if we'll have enough money, or how long it will be until our wonderful beautiful child is home? Should I write about the uncertanties of the crazy snow outside and how a person can hardly see a hand in front of their face, let alone where the actual road is compared to the ditch?! Or should I write about the uncertanties of this country, the politics, the moral dilemmas being brought up every day, and on and on and on?

There are so many uncertanties in life, or so it would seem to us. But there is someone who sees things a little differently than we do.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1:5

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-30

"The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever."Psalm 121:8

I could explain how all of these scriptures pertain to my point, but I'm pretty sure you can figure that out without my explanations, so I will just say, my encouragement today is this, take heart for the uncertanties of life are not always so uncertain.

Comments

Kathy said…
A great reminder for all of us!

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You