My Review on Tieks

Metallic Pewter

I. AM. IN. LOVE!..................................THE END

_________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I'm guessing that's not exactly what you're looking for, but it does give you a good idea of my opinion right off the bat, but I'll expand on my my opinion below and provide some pros and cons.

Let me start with my story of how I found Tieks and why I purchased a pair. Several years ago I had a pair of ballet flats from Gap (almost the same color pictured above) that have an awesome cushioned pad on the inside and the split sole on the bottom, which I was absolutely in love with. Once I wore those to the ground (seriously tears running down the sides because I wore them all the time) I started looking for a new pair. By that time Gap was no longer selling that style. I searched and searched. Of course you can find ballet flats all over the place, but I specifically want ones with the split sole.... and finally I found them! And then I looked at them, and looked at them, and maybe coveted them for about 2 years. I know there are plenty of women who spend $175+ on shoes, but I was not one of those women. I was hardly one of those women that would pay $50+ on shoes (it was a very rare occasion). And then my amazing husband came to the rescue and bought me my first pair of Tieks (black) for Mother's Day. I was completely shocked... and thrilled (don't ask him about that, he's still not sure if I like the gift. Many times my inward feelings don't show themselves as much as I think they do). Black may seem boring when there are all those colorful options available, but it was the perfect color for me. You see, I'm practical like that. If we were going to spend that much on shoes, they better be shoes that I'm going to wear often, and of course black goes with anything.

My first impressions: I had my reservations about the bright blue soles, but I knew they came like that, and I was ready to step out of my comfort zone. I adored the cute little green/blue box with the oversized flower that my shoes arrived in. Packaging like that definitely makes an impression. I loved the feel of the Italian leather (maybe because I knew it was Italian leather, or maybe because I'd only ever owned one other pair of leather shoes, and they were not the soft Italian leather). When I first put them on, I was underwhelmed, and it disappointed me that I felt that way(maybe that's why my husband didn't see the "thrill" come out). I was expecting them to be super cushiony and soft on the inside, and they weren't. They definitely did not hurt my feet at all when I put them on, but I also didn't have that "fit like a glove" feel that some people have. However, I had read that they leather conforms to each individual foot, and that sometimes that takes a few wears, so I was willing to wear them and see how it went. It took about 2 weeks of wearing them 3 or so times each week, and then it happened, they fit like a glove, and that's when I fell in love. So comfortable, so perfect.

Now my Tieks are my go-to shoe. I wear them almost every day. I wore that first pair of Tieks on my trip to New York City, wearing them 2 days in a row, walking 8-9 hours each day. So are they comfortable? Well, for me they are. My feet were great in them during all that walking and every day since. Were my feet tired? Yes, but anyone's feet would have been tired after that much walking regardless of how amazing their shoes were. There was not tons of aching or anything out of the norm, and I personally think they were way more comfortable than any of my other shoes would have been.

My sister-in-law and cute little niece - Tieks


So are they worth the price? I would guess that is a very debatable answer depending on who you ask. If you plan on purchasing them just to replace your heels on a long night when your feet get tired, then my answer would be no (but I personally don't think any shoe at that price that you only plan to wear for a short amount of time at random occasions would be worth the money). However, if you plan to wear them on a regular basis, my personal opinion is YES! And this is coming from a girl who isn't used to spending much in the shoe department. I mean, if guys can spend $175+++ on electronic toys, can't we spend a little extra on some AMAZING shoes?! I've now graduated to my second pair (the metallic pewter above) thanks to my husband again and Christmas. I was still too chicken to go all out on a bright color or pattern, but now I'm ready. One more pair, that's it... probably... maybe.

Now there are just a few cons you may want to consider before purchasing your own pair. As much as I LOVE my Tieks, I don't think they are for everyone.

  • The inside of the shoe is comfortable, but not soft and squishy like some might expect
  • There is no arch support (a non-issue for me)
  • It may take a few days or few weeks to get just the right fit
  • Price
So there you have it, my review on these amazing little shoes. 

*Disclaimer: I am not in any way being compensated by the company or any other outlets for this review (although I wouldn't mind if I was!).
**Disclaimer 2: These shoes were EXACTLY what I was looking for

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two For One

Any Day Now

Thank You