A Journey Home

One of Nathan's last pictures in his homeland


This is a post from my husband that he first put on Facebook, and I feel that it's such an integral and amazing part of our life journey that I should share it here, and so beautifully written.

We began a journey towards adoption a couple years ago that hit a few roadblocks. Though still patiently waiting, God has been doing some incredible things to help us prepare for whatever He has in store for us. We have built great relationships with people that have the same heart as us. My wife has began to plant the seeds of an organization/business devoted to helping with adoptive families and with orphan/adoption related issues. We have also been blessed with a host of learning opportunities, and several open doors that have helped advance our understanding of both orphan/adoption care.
With all of this personal involvement in the orphan/adoption process, I have had some very personal experiences, both good and bad, because of my own past. I have learned more about myself, my culture, and in the process faced some old wounds that hadn’t quite healed. One of the things that I have always wished for, and thought wouldn’t happen, was a way to reconnect to my heritage and visit my birth country. Though I have a loving family here, and have been raised in America for most of my life, I have always believed that a re-connection, to this part of my story, would help me understand a little bit more about who I am.
To make a long story short, at the beginning of this year I found an organization (KAM Center) that offered an opportunity to Korean adoptees to return to their countries with pretty much all expenses paid. With some trepidation, I applied and began to walk through the fairly in-depth application process. In the end, I was accepted and today I received confirmation that my ticket was purchased. Several emotions are competing for my attention right now while I write this, which I might sit down and write about later, at least for our future child. To simplify things for now, I am greatly humbled and thankful that I will get to see the country where I was born for the first time in over 32 years.


Comments

Unknown said…
So Exciting, Nathan. Great News

Popular posts from this blog

Two For One

Any Day Now

Thank You