eShakti: A Dress Review

Wish it wasn't so windy but I figured you'd want to see a picture
of me in the actual dress, so this will have to do.

Several months ago I came across this clothing website called eShakti.com. I actually came across it from an advertisement on Facebook, and as many of you probably know, especially when it comes to women's clothing advertisements, appearances can be deceiving. So I began looking into the site. Of course, click on it once and it shows up every single time you're on Facebook! I read lots of reviews on the site, and it seemed to be legit, then I got super excited and had my mind made up that I would try it out. Finally, a perfect excuse for a new dress came up, a family wedding.

So, what's so great about these dresses and it's website? Well, the best part, and what sets them apart from nearly all other companies, is that they're clothes are customizable! What?! Yep, it's true. Every single dress they sell is customizable to your personal preferences. You can use your specific body measurements, or change the neckline, length, sleeve type, etc for all their dresses! Want a more modest neckline? You got it! Want the dress longer, or shorter? You got it!

As I've only ordered one dress from this company so far (I currently have a wish list), I'll give you my personal example for the dress pictured at the top. When purchasing a dress you can choose to order a regular S, M, L, XL ..., or you can customize your exact measurements. The website walks you through exactly how to do the measurements and which ones to provide. I decided to go this route and enlist a little help from my momma. Click here to see the original dress on the website. This particular dress has only 2 options for the neckline (I've seen other dresses with 5+ options). It also has about 7 options for dress length and the same for sleeve length/style. I saw just today there is also an option to remove the pockets, but who in their right mind would want to choose that option?!! Anyway, personal opinion there.  So, I personally loved this dress exactly as is, except the neckline was a little low for my personal preference, and I really didn't want to have to wear and undershirt if at all possible. Lucky for me, the neckline options were the original as shown on the site, or a higher v-neck neckline. Perfect! As for the length, etc, I loved it exactly as pictured. Each product does describe to you the height of the model, what size they are wearing, and height of heel on the shoes if applicable. That's usually super helpful to people (especially when you're tall like me, or probably for my short friends too). So, when I placed my order, I went with my customized body measurements and changed the neckline to the higher option. I also made a note in the comments section that I am 5' 10" and I wouldn't be wearing any heels like the model in the picture, but I wanted the length of the dress to be exactly as pictured on the site. I don't know if that part was necessary or not, but when my dress arrived it was PERFECTO!

Nathan and I at his cousin Jessica's wedding (dress debut).
We love you Jessica and Jordan!

Obviously from my statement above, I was pleased with my purchase. It turned out to be exactly what I wanted. It fit like a glove, made of high quality material, the neckline was perfect, length was perfect everything was ON POINT. I do have to admit a small con when I first put it on the ties on this dress actually were made to go in the back. On the website it looks more like a belt that just wraps around the back and ties into a pretty bow in the front. I'm not sure if the difference in my dress was due to the alteration of the neckline, but mine was not a belt, it was two separate ties attached to the sides of the dress. When I tied it in the back the first time I put it on, it felt a little frumpy and not how I remembered the picture exactly. So back to the website I went and remembered the bow in the front. So... I just simply wrap the ties around my back and then bring them to the front and tie it in the front as pictured. And that's when the magic happened. Would I have rather had the belt? Yes. But not one person has mentioned anything about the twist that happens in the back due to the way I tie it, only rave reviews and compliments. This is now one of my very favorite dresses that own. It is so ridiculously comfy I would wear it every day if I could. I am extremely happy with this purchase and will be making more from this site.

Website Logo


Some of you may be thinking now, "this sounds too good to be true" or "that sounds great but how much did it cost you?" So I'm gonna tell you, it is not "too good to be true", and of course it did cost me, but I feel the price was EXTREMELY reasonable (this statement is relative to what each person feels is reasonable to spend on clothing). When I placed this order, the dress happened to be a bit on sale, maybe $5 less than retail, plus I got $25 off my first order and free shipping (comes from India just fyi)! I've checked the site several times since making my purchase, and they are still offering the $25 for first-time customers. You do have to pay extra for the customization, but it is only a flat fee of $9.95 and that includes any customizations you want to use, including your specified measurements. Don't want to pay the extra fee? You can always order the dress as is in the regular S, M, L, etc sizes, but especially with the discount it was worth it to me, and once I received my dress that was a perfect fit, I was sold on doing it this way every time. A bonus, put your measurements in only once, and they are saved to your account for future purchases. So the total for my first order with customizations and discounts was only $41.90. SUPER AWESOME!!! Plus, I received a $20 off my next purchase in my delivery confirmation email. *Disclaimer - prices and discounts are subject to change at any time. Please refer to post date for a time frame reference of when my purchase was made.

If you're ready to browse the site or make your purchase, just click on any of the eShakti logos or promo links on this page or on the banner in the side bar. I do receive a small compensation for purchases made at this site through my link. Happy shopping!

Register for a new account at eshakti and get a $25 gift coupon for eshakti.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You