We're Here

We made it to Casper early in the morning Wednesday morning. We're not exactly settled in yet, but that will come in time. Soon I will post pictures of our new home (when I get some new batteries!). We will be living in Becca and Caleb's basement. My parents and sister are here, and that is so wonderful but I don't want them to leave. It really just feels like vacation right now because we haven't started jobs and Becca hasn't had to work since we got here so it's like a normal Wyoming vacation. I think things will really begin to sink in once my parents go home. I know we will be able to make this place our home; we already love the people in the church (Restoration Church) and God is opening many doors for us.

One of the most exciting of those doors that God is opening is a job for me. I got a job today! This is very exciting to Nathan and I as I came without a job and we weren't sure when I would get one. I will be working as a receptionist for a large doctor's office connected with the hospital here. It's what I was looking for, and I think it will be a great job. I went in for an interview today and was hired about two hours later! Yes, very excited. I almost cried in the middle of the store when I got the call. It was just what I wanted, but I didn't think it would actually work out so well and so fast. God is good! I start on Monday. I would have liked a few more days to get acclimated to life here, but a job is wonderful. Nathan will be working for the public library part-time as well as working for Aflac. Ariana will go to daycare here. This is another great blessing from God. A woman in the church, and a very good friend of mine runs a daycare in her home, and she has been saving a spot just for Ariana. So life is good and God is even better.

Comments

Eliza said…
I am so glad that things are working out for you guys already! Yeah for the job! God IS good. Noah is praying for his "a-annamayes" at night. He misses her! Keep the updates coming!
The Shiers said…
Jen, that's awesome! I love how God causes things to just fall into place when we're in His perfect will. Congratulations on the job!

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You