Adoption Support Group

So, ever since we've started this adoption journey, I've read a lot about adoption support groups and how they are usually very helpful for adoptive parents, and also for the children once the adoption is complete. The problem is, I live in a very rural area, so actually attending a real-life support group is not really an option for us. I've also looked a Yahoo groups without much success. I think that's old news. Facebook is where it's at when it comes to online groups. I have searched a little on Facebook, but I'm not sure I want to join some random group of people and start sharing my heart and the joys and struggles that come with adoption.

I've been thinking for a few months that maybe someday after we have adopted I will start my own adoption support group. Maybe there will be more people in my church wanting to adopt or in their own process that would like some help, support, and encouragement. And, hopefully someday I will do that, but just last week it dawned on me, "Why wait"? I already have friends that have adopted or are currently in the process of adopting, and when I have a question about adoption, I tend to turn to them for answers. So, why not make a group with these friends where there's a central location that people can ask questions and give and receive support through the mountains and the valleys? So, that's exactly what I did. I set up an adoption support group and contacted some of my friends whom I personally know are going through this process or have been there before and asked them to be a part of the group.

This group is for those who may be seriously considering adoption, who may be currently in the process, and for those that have already adopted and are now on the journey of raising their child(ren). We all have a little something that we can give to each other, and sometimes an encouraging word from a friend who has been there is just what we need.

If you would like to become part of this Facebook group, you can message me in the comments below or on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You