Birthdays Are The Best

I love birthdays. I love celebrating people and their lives, I love getting together with family, I love giving presents (especially to my kids), and I love getting presents. I have a friend who really loves birthdays & every morning on each of her children's birthdays she sets out birthday decorations and makes pancakes for her children; one pancake for each year. How fund would that be seeing the stack grow each year? I don't do that, but I'm thinking about stealing the idea. Last week I celebrated my birthday, and I loved it just as much as I always do. I went out on a date with my husband the evening of my birthday, and even though we had to do grocery shopping while we were out, I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. The next evening we got together with my family for a birthday dinner. It was a simple affair, but I had a wonderful time.

Here's one of the gifts I received. The star in Korea marks Mokpo where my husband was born.



Today my thoughts turn to the child that will someday join our family. Is he/she even born yet?  Perhaps he/she was just born; maybe we even share a birthday and they will soon be waiting for us. Where was this child born? I know we will adopt out of Seoul because all adoptions in South Korea take place in Seoul, but maybe this child was also born in Mokpo. Now, I know that some of these thoughts are wishful thinking or a little too far fetched to probably be reality, but don't we all do that when we are expecting a child whether through childbirth or through adoption? I wonder if my baby will look like me, I wonder if he'll have my personality, etc. In adoption, parents still look for and wonder what the connections will be to their children, the connections many times just tend to look a little different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Any Day Now

Two For One

Thank You